Emulation is a collection of devices, their configuration and how they are connected (topology)
Think of emulations as independent snapshots of your network.
This page shows all of the emulations in your account and allows you to control and configure them.
Create an emulation by clicking on "+" button. The form will ask you for emulation name.
Emulation name will be used later on to create the DNS entries that allows you to connect and manage devices under this emulation.
Next you have to choose which cloud zone you want to host your emulated devices.
Here is a list of supported cloud regions you can deploy your emulation in:
|US East||South Carolina, USA|
|US Central||Iowa, USA|
|US West||Oregon, USA|
|EU West 1||Belgium|
|EU West 4||Netherlands|
You have the option to make new emulations an identical clone of a previously existing one.
Note: Once the new emulation is created all future changes applied to it will not reflect back to original emulation that it was cloned from.
Tesuto has a config management engine that enables you to push or pull configuration of emulated devices. For this feature to work our platform needs to be able to connect to your devices. By checking "Tesuto managed" box you will authorize us to add a "tesuto" user to your configuration so we can later on connect and manage emulated devices.
The following is a list of actions for each emulation. Note that availability of each specific action depends on the state the emulation is in.
"Start" will launch an emulation. Please
Shuts down all running devices for that emulation.
- Reset: This action will act as a "power cycle" on all devices in the emulation. Usually useful to recover inaccessible or unresponsive devices.
- Fetch: Saves the running config of emulated devices back into Tesuto database. This option is helpful if you are planning to clone the emulation or simply want to save the config state of devices.
- Configure: Push configuration saved in Tesuto database to all the emulated devices.
By Hovering on actions icon, you can see a list of more detailed actions on each emulation
- Devices will list all the devices used in the topology and you can add/edit/delete them
- Topologies is a summary of all established linked in this emulation
- Console will show you how to get console access to your emulated devices
- Edit will let you rename the emulation
- Delete will remove the emulation and all device configs from Tesuto platform